On Ice Volunteers
Demons Youth Hockey couldn’t succeed without volunteers. At competitive levels, we rely on dedicated coaches, assistant coaches and team managers who commit their time and energy to support our teams. Development levels benefit greatly from additional on ice help with Learn to Skate(LTS) and Learn to Hockey(LTH), plus coaches for our Mosquito(MOS) program.
Development Volunteers fall into two categories; On Ice Parents and Development Assistants.
- On Ice Volunteers are welcome to join their player on the ice for support and help our Development Assistants run drills for our skaters.
- Development Assistants will be part of the Development Team and aid in running group exercises. Development Assistants are expected the attend all classes during the session and act a liaison for the program.
- For their commitment, Development Assistants receive free tuition per session.
- Development Assistants must submit a CORI background check and complete the Coaching Ethics Agreement.
- Contact the Development Director at email@example.com if you would like be a Development Assistant.
Development Assistants for LTS help directly with the development of the players by running drills provided by the Development Department. Limit 2 Assistants per Session
The LTH Program is led by Do Work Hockey Instruction. Development Assistants help organize the players into lines and reinforce execution during drills. They may be asked to run a small area game as directed by Do Work. Limit 2 Development Assistants per Session
Mosquito Coaches are responsible for running 3 on 3 cross ice scrimmages for the players. The Development Director will supply class modules to follow for support. A typical class involves running a skill specific drill, creating even teams and over seeing a scrimmage. Limit 2 Development Assistants per Session
NEW FOR 2018-19 - All on ice personnel (Parents & Assistants) are required to wear a helmet.
AS OF JANUARY 1st 2019 - All on ice personnel must be USA Hockey Registered https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/register_form_input.action
CORI Coaching Ethics Agreement
If you are interested in any of the Development program volunteer positions, please contact the Development Director at
Volunteers are also needed for registration, fundraising, and various other events throughout the year. Please inquire at any time about how you can help with Demons Youth Hockey.